Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

September 12th, 2008 01:00

DVD will not reconize a blank DVD

I have a E510 with a DVD rom and DVD Burner bothe were working good went to burn a DVD and told me not enough room upon checking the DVD Rom see's all blank DVD's as CD's  tried 2 packages same

if I put a DVD in that I recorded say DVD but all Blank DVD's are open as CD  Confussed it was working last week

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

September 12th, 2008 23:00

Hi, Peepcode:

Please work through these standard troubleshooting steps first. When you post back, please tell me:
1. The model number of both drives.
2. The application you are using to burn DVD discs.
3. The brand, format and speed of blank DVD discs you're using.

2 Posts

September 13th, 2008 02:00

OK

First the Device maniger says everything is good at first I had tsst corp DVD Rom TSH352C and GWA4164b

the Burner was working great Nero 7 DVD shrink looking at my computer when no disk says DVD/rw if you put in a recorded disk say dvd or CD which ever will play a movie fine then put in a blank had 100 down to 25  (Verbatim DVD-R ) boxs pops up saying media is CD Thought DVD Burner was bad got an LG GH20LP20 installed same results Bourgt new DVD's  NEXTECH in both piles of DVDs tried different ones down the pile incase it was a bad DVD  uninstalled and reinstalled  updated Drivers changed cables around I dont know what would control both burners

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

September 13th, 2008 10:00

Ok, so if I understand correctly, you replaced the DVD burner that came with your Dell?
No Events found!