Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 30th, 2017 04:00

Dell Dimension C521

Hi Guys

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate, and recently my PC, refuses to boot and run Windows

and I have been into bios to see if drives are attached, I have my boot drive on Sata 0, and my

DVD Writer on Sata 1, and thats the only option i have for drives, the only way i can get Windows

to boot is if I hit F12 at boot thime, then hit boot from hard drive, then my Sata Hard drive shows

up if i hit it all boots as normal, but if I shut PC down, I have to go thro this process each time

Any ideas its driving me bonkers, I have checked all Sata Cables and connecters are clean and dust free and secure ...

• 

16.7K Posts

January 31st, 2017 07:00

huey45,

Go into the bios and navigate to the post behavior section. Change necessary settings to the below chart if needed to see if that will resolve the issue.

POST Behavior
Option Description
Fast Boot This field speeds up the boot process by bypassing some compatibility steps.
Off = Do not skip any steps in the boot process
On - Boot quickly
The factory default setting is On.

2 Posts

February 1st, 2017 04:00

Hi

Thank you for your suggestion, but I found it did not work, although there is some items

in the Main Bios, that were Greyed out and was noted cannot be altered, I found my system

clock was wrong, so going into each item, I found I could correct clock, that got me thinking

maybe I could go into items and mark, unmark boot sequence, and I did, and my system now

boots Normal every time, whilst on the subject of BIOS, is there any updates available for my

Motherboard, that would flash with Window 7,mine seems to be pre 2007, and Windows 7

was not out then...

Thanks Very Much for your Assistance...

• 

16.7K Posts

February 1st, 2017 06:00

Huey45,

Unfortunately, Windows 7 was not supported on this computer and there are no Windows 7 drivers available.

Dimension C521 Drivers,Downloads and Manuals

http://dell.to/2kRgOJ4

No Events found!