Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

January 20th, 2018 05:00

Dell Dock WD15 service tag

Hi, I bought Dell Dock WD15 and I wanted to add it to my account on dell.com, but I cannot find service tag. On device is only PPID. How can I find service tag for this device? Thanks for answer.

9.4K Posts

August 27th, 2019 12:00

Hello robert26,  Since we haven't heard from you, we will be closing the case for now.

Should you have any identifying numbers so we can look up your case, or you need further help or assistance, feel free to reach out to us again.

We do hope that this matter was resolved.

Kind regards.

1 Message

September 25th, 2019 09:00

This is absolutely ridiculous. We buy these docking stations and Dell refuses the support? I have problems with the DP/N 0P1NN7 cable and I need that replaced. I don't have a service tag number as all the others have reported. How can I address that?

3 Posts

October 11th, 2019 14:00

We have lots of these docks deployed and most of them have issues.  Most of the issues seem to show up with our users who are mobile that dock and undock frequently.  I found that power cycling the dock usually solves the problem.  I have tried all the suggested steps, updating BIOS, updating dock firmware etc and the problems still show up.  We still have a ton of the old eseries docks deployed and they rarely have any issues.  We have been very disappointed with the WD15's.  I have 2 completely dead ones with no service tag that brought me to this thread

3 Posts

November 8th, 2019 10:00

We've had much better luck with the WD15.  The only real problems (aside from one DOA) was a user who frequently damaged the USB-C cable.  How do you even do that?  Newer models have replaceable cable assemblies, so it must have been a more common problem that we've experienced.

We can't really match the dock to the laptop or tablet.  We purchased a 100+ at a time.  Sometimes they stay together.  Other times… not so much.

1 Rookie

• 

16 Posts

December 17th, 2019 08:00

I experienced a high failure rate for the number of docks I have deployed.
It seems these docks are very sensitive to power spikes or surges. Letting the power drain does the trick sometimes, other times they just stop working with the video and/or usb attachments.

The 1st time I warranty one of these I was told that it was linked to a laptop SN, so as long as I provide a laptop SN it could be warrantied (also linked to the laptop warranty)

I tried to warranty one of these that was prob bought as a spare of in addition for someone that works here at the office and home. To my surprise I was the dock was not linked to any SN despite of providing the SN of the laptop and in that case it only provides a 1 year warranty.

Like many of you, we buy docks as a spare and this if true will put a wrench in anyone's budge

DELL needs to put a statement if these docks can and will be serviced up to 3 or 5 years or the laptop's warranty and as of this moment I cannot find such statement (unless I am blind as a bat).

I work for a non profit ORG so budget planning is crucial and in some instances is like deciding how is going to eat and who goes hungry in the family back in the 1800's.

Thanks

EDIT: nm I found the warranty:

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

Warranty If purchased as a tied laptop accessory the dock shares the system warranty
If purchased APOS, 1 yr warranty. Advanced Exchange (DAO/APJ), Next business day exchange EMEA

still does not address the what if you buy two per system...

1 Message

February 10th, 2021 07:00

This is absolutely ridiculous, I was transferred 6 times until I eventually hung up because no one could help me. I love the sound of livestock in the streets.

14 Posts

May 29th, 2021 04:00

For everyone that got WD15 without Service Tag, the product warranty is tied to the main device that was sold with as bundle, that's why we find these docks being sold as "OEM".

Usually support team can find device details though PPID but it's not an official process on Dell Support.

June 3rd, 2021 00:00

I just want to know where do you get the damaged cable replacement i will really appreciate your support.

June 3rd, 2021 05:00

Where can you get the cable replacement for the WD15 ?

February 23rd, 2022 07:00

Just wanted to say I have a Dell D1000 docking station without these codes as well. It's 2022 and first time I have tried to look it up.

MFG Date: Oct 2017 

JCJWD

No Events found!