Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

1 Rookie

• 

34 Posts

May 15th, 2021 10:00

Dell Enterprise Plus LB306M failed

I have six 400GB DEll Enterprise Plus LB406M SSD's, four of which appear to have failed, pretty much at the same time. Using the Sandisk scli tool, I was able to pull SMART data from the two that I tried, and according to that, the media seems to be fine, but in the iDRAC, they are reported as failed, '0.0GB', and the Manufactured day/week/year are all '0'. The firmware version on them is/was E332, however, I tried updating two to newer versions, which appears to have taken, but with no change. They show up in Windows Disk Manager as 'Not Initialized' and with no size reported, and if I try to initialize them, I get 'Data error (cyclic redundancy check)'.

Any thoughts as to why four appear to have failed at the same time, and might there be any chance of being able to get them to function again?

• 

25.7K Posts

May 16th, 2021 04:00

We tried reaching you on a private message asking for the Service Tag number to ascertain the warranty but did not receive a response. Please feel free to reply to the private message whenever you are available.

1 Rookie

• 

34 Posts

May 17th, 2021 13:00

A Service tag or warranty really isn't relevant here - these drives were purchased second hand from a local off-lease retailer. I believe they were originally in an Equallogic based on the 'E' firmware, vs the 'D' firmware that can be downloaded from Dells site for the same model SSD that is meant for Dell servers. Just looking to see if anyone has any ideas why four of the six units suddenly quit at pretty much the same time, while SMART seems to indicate they don't have any 'fatal' issues.

No Events found!