Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 13th, 2017 14:00

Dell Inspiron 14 3452 No Bootable Devices(EMMC. Hynix HBG4e)

Greetings,

My cousin had this machine for little over a year, and she was complaining to me that her computer has been running extremely slow. I checked her machine, and she did not have any pictures, videos on her machine. However, she had a few word documents and applications on there. To make long story short, the machine clasped, and when booting up the Support Assist states No bootable devices. 

I discovered that this machine does not have a HDD. However it's equipped with internal EMMC. Hynix HBG4e (32.0GB) 

the machine had windows 10 on it before the crash. 

The bios is 4.0.13.

The boot list option is listed under UEFI. The windows Boot Manger is enabled. Secure boot is disabled. Load Legacy option ROM is enabled. Fast boot is enabled. 

When the dell screen comes up I tap F8, and it does not give me a prompt to do a factory reset. Does give me the Advanced Boot Options. 

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

September 13th, 2017 17:00

You cannot reset WIndows from the F8 menu used with Windows 7.  You must do so one of two ways:

If Windows 10 will still load, you can kick off the reload from there.  OR,

If you've made a set of recovery media, you boot the system from that and use it.

These systems are extremely tight on disc space - 32G is barely enough to run Windows 10, and it's generally shipped with a slimmed-down image of Windows 10.

Run a full diagnostic on the system (F12 at powerup) to rule out a failed flash drive. On this model, if thee eMMC drive fails, the mainboard must be replaced (it's permanently soldered to the  system board).

7 Posts

September 29th, 2020 14:00

If you try to reinstall window10, it will eat up almost all the disk space and leave about 7GB left, which is barely enough for a Swap size.  Add a permanent 128GB MicroSD Flash card and put applications and installs there.  Keep the OS tight on the built-in onboard SSD.  there isn't even a soldered connector for a HDD, no option.  SO I found the Micro SSD was the best options thus far.  Move non-critical OS Apps tot he SSD, and just try not to remove it (put tape over it).  Should be ok.

No Events found!