Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 6th, 2016 07:00

Dell Latitude E7450 - New SSD, Caddy Frame

I inherited a Dell Latitude E7450. The previous owner kept the built-in mSATA SSD which is much smaller than a regular 2.5" disk so it comes with a caddy frame adapter which looks a bit like this:

The adapter is provided with convenient holes along the sides that match the screw holes on the chassis. All is fine and well.

Among the first things I did was to swap the disk with a new 256GB 2.5" SSD which I previously owned. While the new SSD fits perfectly into the slot, there is no practical way to keep it tightly in position, and I would feel better knowing that it is less loose than it is now. I found out that there is a Dell part, apparently coded EC147000600 (search it on google images) which consists in a 2.5" metal frame that fits the screw holes of the E7450 and therefore keeps the drive much tighter into its slot. I was wondering if I could buy one from Dell. I searched on this site for different key words (ssd frame, caddy frame, etc) to no avail. One is sold on eBay right now for about us$ 18 which I think is a tad too much (plus I live in Southern Europe and shipping alone would double the cost).

Thank you for your help and have a nice day.

5 Posts

July 8th, 2016 13:00

Thank you, but that looks like to be the wrong part - the part I am looking for has one less screw hole.

Please check this picture

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/RwYAAOSwsB9WDaWF/s-l1600.jpg

Thank you again and have a nice day.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

July 8th, 2016 13:00

You'll want to call your local Dell office and ask for part number 0WPRM -- in the US, these go for about $10.

www.parts-people.com/index.php

No Events found!