Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 12th, 2014 15:00

Dell XPS 502X errors at hard disk sectors

Hello I am writing to ask for help, I have a laptop brand Dell XPS 502X has worked wonderfully for two years, until about 5 months ago became slow is slow to open windows will spend a chkdsk / F / R and found errors in sectors Seagate ST9750420AS hard drive capacity of 750gb. We spend a msdos program seagate brand and I wrote zeros to the disk partition and then format gave you reinstall Windows 8.1 sp1 64bit; worked well for a month, but it started to get slow you install the dell diagnostic program and found disk errors too. My question is; the errors in the hard disk will heat produced by the hard disk, or it may be that the vibration of the sub woofer when I listen to music or movies; vibration in the laptop which will produce errors in the hard disk sectors? I need help making a decision whether to buy a hard drive or solid state drive SSD for my laptop. If the damage is due to the vibration unit solid disk should serve, have the disadvantage auque Wear cells, and edit video, use programs all the time, and make heavy use of the hard disk. I recommend Pc, with its expertise in this area.
Other than that I like to know what specification Sata I, II, III; supports my laptop is a Dell xps 502x; have in mind these hard drives:
1) Thin Seagate 500gb, 7200rpm, 32mb, Sata 6GBs.
2) BLACK WESTERN DIGITAL 750GB 7200RPM 16MB SATA 6Gbps.
SSD:
Kingston Ssd 120gb Sata Hyperx 3k-3
Now V300 240gb Ssd Sata 6gb / s
Kingston 240gb ssd 300v
Intel Ssd 120gb
Ssd 250gb Samsung 840 Evo
What all they would recommend for my laptop, and use compatibility as I give to the notebook. Thanks and excuse my ignorance on the subject.

for later use google traslator apologize for the translations.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

June 14th, 2014 04:00

The free fall sensor driver may be installed and will work with a replacement drive. It's obviously not needed for an SSD.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

June 12th, 2014 16:00

Hi Oraymondi,

Bad sectors just happen in certain drives. It's not due to vibration or a subwoofer. Writing zeros is not going to help. It's like a tire going flat. Eventually it's going to fail. Get a new hard drive. An SSD would give you a nice performance boost. I'd recommend one as a replacement.

14 Posts

June 13th, 2014 09:00

Thanks for the reply, the Dell XPS 502x notebook that supports Sata Connection type?
Which of the ssd hard drives would you recommend me.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

June 13th, 2014 12:00

That model supports SATA 3. Any SSD that runs at SATA 3 should be fine.

14 Posts

June 13th, 2014 13:00

Thanks for the reply, one last question I understand that this laptop has in sensor g force if not written well but stops the hard drive in case of falls. If I connect another hard drive to another brand or model will not affect your performance? sorry for so many questions.

No Events found!