Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 4th, 2013 10:00

Error code 2000-0145 on SSD

I have a quite new DELL Optiplex 9010 AIO and got problems with the SSD (Adata 512GB).

The problem started with a blue screen of death (BSOD) in Windows 7. After that every new boot results in a BSOD. I tried with a new installation but it also results in a BSOD during installation. I upgraded to the latest bios A09. The hard drive diagnostic returns error code 2000-0145. Trying the hard drive in another computer results in the same error code when running the diagnostic. Run diagnostic with a new hard drive in the affected computer is working fine but when switching to the original SSD drive the same error occurs again.

What does error code 2000-0146 means? Any ideas?

Thanx in advance,

Bug

1 Message

January 17th, 2014 17:00

2000-0145 has to do with a spin test.  Dell actually had a stroke of genius to design a diagnostic that identified issues with HDDs spin-up and test a drive's integrity.  An SSD lacks a motor and may not return an appropriate response for that portion of the test, throwing an immediate error.  It's not a standard for an SSD to respond with a bypass for a test like this, since it is a proprietary test.  Some SSDs may not report this error, while other models will.  

I had to do a lot of digging for this, and tried several SSDs to see how this error code would appear.  Again, not all models would have it, but it was consistent among all drives of specific models.  Was a huge 2 month headache & nightmare for me.  So on SSDs, I would try other software, or another system to verify the integrity of an SSD before calling the drive bad.  One model of SSD this happened on several drives was the OCZ Vertex 4 SATA III.  Did it on all sizes that we tested: 128, 256, 512.  Ran them on a custom build with various diagnostic tools: Drives had no issues.  Many are still in production several months after running the tests.

2.2K Posts

January 4th, 2013 11:00

Hi Bug,

I would like to inform you that Error Code 1000-0146 indicates hard drive failure.

Since you already checked with another hard drive and the computer works fine with it, I would suggest you to replace the hard drive.

Please click the link mentioned below for more information on error codes:

http://dell.to/ZI5CO8

Thanks & Regards
Manshu S
#iworkfordell

2 Posts

January 4th, 2013 11:00

Hi Manshu,

thank you for the fast reply and the information for the error codes,

You refer to the error code 1000-0146 but the error code I got is 2000-0145. Is it correct to assume that I should replace the SSD anyway? The computer is just a couple of weeks old. Is it common for SSD´s fail after a so short time or is it maybe just a poorly batch?

Regards,

Bug

2.2K Posts

January 4th, 2013 12:00

Hi Bug,

Error Code 1000-0146 also indicates hard drive failure.

You can refer to the thread mentioned below as well:

http://dell.to/Rx0QCm

It is not common for SSD’s to fail.

Please reply for further assistance.

Thanks & Regards
Manshu S
#iworkfordell

1 Message

November 10th, 2019 15:00

Sorry, I know this is old, but I’m computer illiterate and need the fix? Can’t get to the desktop!

February 17th, 2021 11:00

I don't know if this will help you, but my issue was solved by resetting the bios settings to defaults. After I was actually able to boot into the hard-drive without being kicked into a diagnostic check which would end with the same error code. I received a bsod on boot though, which was resolved by changing the SATA mode from AHCI to RAID. Regrettably, I cannot tell you what caused the issue, but I am just happy to be past it now.

No Events found!