Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 16th, 2012 02:00

HDD Error 0F00:067E and Error 0F00:077E

I've VOSTRO 1015 and recently i have a problem with my HDD.

To check the HDD i have done Diagnostics. In that i got an error message like this.

Error code 2000-0146

Msg : DST Log contains previous error(s).

And now i've done 32 bit diagnostics and i got error message like this.

Error code 0F00:067E

Msg : DISK - The device is suspected for having handling damage.

What i've to do? Please help me to solve my problem.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

January 16th, 2012 04:00

Hi Sandy501,

Sounds like your hard drive is failing. You should back up your data and replace it. Your system requires a standard laptop SATA drive.

You will need to reinstall the operating system onto the new drive following this procedure.

4 Posts

January 16th, 2012 21:00

While performing 32 bit diagnostics

All the tests that are

Confidence Test

Device Quick Test

Read Test

Seek Test

Smart Test

Verify Tests are finished successfully.

But Smart Tests are failed. Is it necessary to change HDD?

Suggest me something sir..

2.7K Posts

January 16th, 2012 21:00

But Smart Tests are failed. Is it necessary to change HDD?

Hi sandy

Yes it is time to get a new Hard drive !

Sorry for the bad news

Good Luck

4 Posts

January 20th, 2012 20:00

Hello

May i know that what the smart test means?

What is the problem indicated with the failure of the smart tests?

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

January 21st, 2012 05:00

It is a disk-monitoring utility. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S.M.A.R.T.

February 23rd, 2012 23:00

Hello sir

sir iam worried about the issue of my laptop ci5 dell inspiron n5110 hard drive every week the operating system slow downs and hangs too much when i format it it work fine but some time it hangs for  around  5 to 10 seconds , last night i run the diagnostic test it shows the error in hard drive that test is faild due to previous error code 2000-0146 with a beep is this some kind of bad sector in my hdd i need your assistance i just left 4 months to over my warranty  .......please reply how i claim this my hdd is 640gb please help..:(

Regards 

shahrukh zaidi

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

February 24th, 2012 08:00

shahrukh zaidi  

Error 0146 indicates a failed/failing hard drive or bad drive sector.

If you have a Dell warranty in effect, you need to contact Dell's Technical Support in your location, for a replacement hard drive.

Bev.

February 24th, 2012 11:00

yes my laptop is in warranty which is to be Expire in june 2012 ,Thanks for reply sir tomorrow i will contact with the dealer of  dell which is located in pakistan then i reply you what he would tell me..........

Best Regard 

shahrukh zaidi

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

February 24th, 2012 12:00

shahrukh zaidi 

Good luck and I sincerely hope everything goes well.

Bev.

February 29th, 2012 07:00

Hello Bev !

Hope you are fine , last monday i have been claimed my dell laptop n5110 the dealer told me that its hard drive problem thats why when you login your systems become jammed,now they called me today and said that you come on upcoming monday, and pick your laptop we have changed your bad hard drive now the problem is how would i know that is replaced hard drive is new or not please tell me some tips to check that drive....

Best Regards

syed shahrukh zaidi 

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

February 29th, 2012 08:00

syed shahrukh zaidi

I am fine.

Sorry, but I cannot tell you how to tell, if the hard drive is new, refurbished, or whatever, other than checking the label on the drive.

In the US, all of Dell's warranty replacement drives are always labeled 'Refurbished', even when the drive is new.

Unfortunately, in the region where you reside, the procedures may be different.

To check the hard drive, try running Dell Diagnostic's extended test on the drive.

Bev.

March 4th, 2012 07:00

HEllo bev how would i know that the replaced hard drive is refurnished or not if the diagnostics does't shows the that type of error so it means that drive have no problem or not reply ..... Best Regards Syed shahrukh

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

March 4th, 2012 08:00

HEllo bev how would i know that the replaced hard drive is refurnished or not if the diagnostics does't shows the that type of error so it means that drive have no problem or not reply ..... Best Regards Syed shahrukh

shahrukh zaidi 

If the hard drive diagnostics show no errors after running the test, then the drive should be fine.

Regards to 'how would i know that the replaced hard drive is refurnished or not', this has already been discussed in my post HERE

Bev.

March 9th, 2012 12:00

Hello Bev

now i discover a new problem in my laptop the diagnostics are shows that the drive have no errors but when i do multi task the system is hanged as well as the mouse not working now what would you suggest is that again hdd problem or not? 

April 15th, 2012 13:00

Hello Bev 

i have the good news to you and all persons who got the same problem which is being araised to me ,well i have been solved the hanging problem

of my n5110 using this technique click  the battery button or fuel button which is located in desktop tray then select the high performance ,then on the top of your keyboard 3 button you will see press the mid one then press the 1st button now restart the laptop now you will see there is no hanging problem

Regards

shahrukh 

No Events found!