Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 21st, 2013 00:00

HDD Password Removal

Hi, recently i forgot my admin password to recover that i changed all passwords in set up-security-boot password, admin password, system password, hdd password. Now it is showing error for HDD password..!!!

Plz help me out for this problem. Model is Dell Inspiron N5010

79 Posts

May 11th, 2013 08:00

Hard drive BIOS passwords are of course meant for security, the data is locked down tight until you enter the correct password.

If the drive has a BIOS password set on it and you have forgotten the password there's basically two options.  If there isn't any unique data you could simply replace the drive and start over with the operating system installation, etc.

If there is unique data on it, like documents for your school/work or photos of the family, you should send it to Gillware, Dell's recommended data recovery provider.  They can typically get rid of the password and get you your data back.  

www.dell.com/.../recover-your-lost-files

79 Posts

May 11th, 2013 08:00

you can reach them at 877-624-7206.  Be sure to tell them you were referred by Dell.

May 23rd, 2013 12:00

Hi,

I need to remove a hdd password from a studio 1735. I'm not sure if this msg. is private, so please in box me for specific info. Thank you.

1.5K Posts

May 23rd, 2013 12:00

Hi IndyRepairTech,

Please share the system Service Tag and Owner's Name via private message (click my username and then click Start Conversation). Also, share the exact error message if any that you get when it asks for a password.

Please reply with the information.

8 Posts

May 23rd, 2013 19:00

So I've a D420 that I've used for years and the HDD seems to be failing. I purchased an eBay supposedly "refurbished" and I'm greeted with the HDD "password" required to proceed. I'm guessing it's referring to the eBay drive and NOT my system. Is there any hope at a recovery? I would think that a "NEW" drive might be an easier move than struggling with the HDD "password" or is it possible that it wants system information from my machine. 

When I got this machine years ago I had no trouble using a Dell disc to do an XP Pro build.

Thanks,

-Dave 

2 Posts

May 24th, 2013 02:00

i have  a laptop dell latitude 6430

and my friend make  a bios password  he forget the bios now

please help how to open  my laptop  

79 Posts

May 24th, 2013 04:00

If the drive is locked at the BIOS level (immediately prompting for a password on power on, before windows boots) it indeed has a BIOS password.  You should leave negative feedback for the person that sold it to you on Ebay and try to get your money back from Ebay.  Especially if you purchased it with paypal it shouldn't be too hard, assuming of course the seller won't agree to send you a new one that isn't locked.  

But yes, in general seeing as how you have zero data that belongs to you on that drive, it's probably easiest just to get a new drive than deal with your situation.

79 Posts

May 24th, 2013 04:00

If you forget a bios password and need the data that the drive contained you can send it to Gillware, Dell's recommended data recovery provider.  877-624-7206, be sure to tell them you were referred by Dell.  

www.dell.com/.../recover-your-lost-files

1.5K Posts

May 24th, 2013 06:00

Hi Dave,

We can generate the master password for the hard drives shipped with Dell systems. Please share the make and model number hard drive along with the exact error message if any that you get when it asks for a password. I'll see what I can do, else you may have to contact the vendor or hard drive manufacturer for password assistance.

Also, share the system's Service Tag and Owner's Name with me via private message (click my username and then click Start Conversation)

Please reply if you have any questions.

@Woldino: Please share the system's Service Tag and Owner's Name with me via private message (click my username and then click Start Conversation). Also, share the exact error message if any that you get when it asks for a password.

Please reply with the information.

2K Posts

July 19th, 2013 00:00

Hi Thomas,

Request you to send me a screen shot of the error message along with the system service tag via private message. I will then check and see what can be done.

To send a private message, click on my user name and select start conversation.

1 Message

July 19th, 2013 00:00

Hallo Kiran

I have dell inspiron 600m. 

Once when it is opened it shows "enter the primary hard disk password #********** 595B.

How can I get it, would you please help me. [Amin Note: Service Tag Edited per TOU policy]    

with regards 

Thomas

2K Posts

August 12th, 2013 00:00

Hi shahzad92,

I will be glad to help you. Request you to send me a screen shot of the error message along with the customer information via private message. I will then check and see what can be done.

To send a private message, click on my user name and select start conversation.

1 Message

August 12th, 2013 00:00

my service tag is [Amin Note: Service Tag Edited per TOU policy] and email is [ADMIN NOTE: Email ID removed per TOU policy]...please help me remove my HDD password

2 Posts

September 30th, 2013 10:00

dear sir , 

i have dell studio laptop 1435 model no pp24l my Hitachi hard disk which comes with the laptop by mistakenly password protected and we forget password 

service tag no :-

and hard disk serial no is :- 63cej0xm (320 gb Hitachi sata -#34563CEJ0XM-595B )

3.3K Posts

September 30th, 2013 11:00

Hi pramanik96,

Kindly private message me the registered owners name and contact number to verify the account. To private message click Here, then click "Send a Private Message".

Awaiting your response!

No Events found!