Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 15th, 2017 08:00

HDD TO SSD- DELL XPS L502X

Hello everyone,

since my dell xps l502x with 750gb hdd is getting really slow, but the hardware is still very good for a laptop, I want to try to improve it by changing the hdd with a ssd. 

I bought a Samsung SSD 500GB 850EVO SATA III and a Aukey case to connect it through USB to my laptop.

I would like to copy the entire hdd on the ssd ( excluding personal data like documents, music and pictures) so i don't have to install windows 7 again after replacing the hdd. 

What are the precise instructions that i should follow ? 

Did anyone already do it and have some personal advice?

I m not a professional, but I'm trying to learn by doing ( and by reading on the internet :D ).

Thanks a lot for your help.

September 20th, 2017 02:00

Hello There,

I suggest you press the reset button and start over. At the time of setup get close to where your router is

(It should not less than 5-10 feet away)? If still, not Fixing; contact to concerened customer support.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

September 20th, 2017 05:00

The easiest utility to use to clone the drive is Macrium Reflect -- the free version will work just fine.  You cannot selectively clone - it's all or nothing.  It's not clear why you don't want your files, but you can always delete them after cloning if you don't want them on the system (or want to move them elsewhere).

4 Posts

September 20th, 2017 07:00

Thanks a lot!

I have to delete some of my files because the sdd is only 500gb while the hdd is 750 gb so i had to make some space!

I will let you know if it works :)

4 Posts

September 28th, 2017 10:00

I used Macrium Reflect to clone the drive and it worked great!

My ssd is now installed where my hdd used to be, I just turned on my laptop and everything was working.

The speed of the laptop has improved a lot, i am an Architectural Engineer and all the software i use for professional purpose ( autocad, adobe suite etc) used to take a lot of time to load or open files. Now they're taking just a few seconds!

thanks a lot for your advices, I encourage Xps l502x to make this upgrade, it will change your laptop completely.

No Events found!