Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 8th, 2010 03:00

HL - DT - ST DVD+-RW GSA-T11N ATA Device - Issues not being able to read any dics?, drive does not read any auto play cd'roms etc!!!

Hello, my HL - DT - ST DVD+-RW GSA-T11N ATA Device within my VOSTRO 1700 does not read and type of DVD, CD ROM and certainly doesnt read any Auto Play on a CD / DVD rom at all?, when ever I view the disk - DVD Drive (E): it always continually says that there is no disc available / Drag files to this folder to add them to the disc - when I know for a fact it maybe a software disc or installation disc?, so know that this is definitely not a blank disc?........

When a dvd or cd is inserted into the drive, the drive spins and whirls for 3 or so seconds and then stops with the message above, it just cannot read the discs.   The other thing is that I have onle ever really used the drive in the past on maybe 2-3 occasions so have only just realised the issue now, but a great deal of time ago it used to work fine???........ please can someone help as i am going crazy trying all different ideas but nothing to date has worked, thank you, any help would be greatly appreciated!........

Neil

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

October 8th, 2010 06:00

Hi Nsmith1000,

Go to the CD/DVD FAQ (link below) and follow the instructions to run the Dell diagnostics on your drive. That's the best way to tell if it works or needs to be replaced.

Remember, this is just a test, not a fix.

No Events found!