Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 16th, 2009 16:00

HLDS GH50N cannot burn working audio cds

Hello,

I've attempted to create an audio cd using the HLDS GH50N to create an audio cd that will work in my car's cd player.  I've used both Roxio and Nero burning software, and while both programs can create an audio cd that works in the dvdrw drives of other computers, these discs do not work in my car's cd player. 

Using the same software (Nero) on my older Dell computer which has a Philips DVD+RW 8631 creates audio cds that work perfectly fine in the car cd player, so the only thing that comes to mind is that there is something wrong with the HLDS GH50N.

Could you please resolve this issue for me?  Thanks

10.9K Posts

December 16th, 2009 18:00

Burn the audio CD at a lower speed to see if that will play
in the car player.  Car player are more sensitive to the CDR
reflectivity. 

4 Posts

December 16th, 2009 21:00

Even burning the audio cd at 4x speed on the HLDS GH50N doesn't work.  I'm pretty sure that it's not a burning speed issue as earlier I used 24x on the other computer and that disc works perfectly fine.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

December 17th, 2009 05:00

Hi, yummybac:

What kind of media are you using, i.e., brand, speed and format? Car players are much more sensitive to media quality than computer drives.

How old is the car? I've found that newer car players can play pretty much anything, even MP3 discs, but cars older than 4-5 years cannot.

4 Posts

December 17th, 2009 09:00

I've been using Memorex 52x cd-rs.  The media quality should not be the issue, because the same media type was used on both computers and only the HLDS GH50N has produced duds.  The car is 5 years old and has a built in 6 cd changer.  Prior to this incident with audio cds from the HLDS GH50N, it has not had any problems with audio cd playback using multiple cdr brands (e.g. sony, imation, memorex, verbatim) or regular store purchased audio cds.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

December 17th, 2009 11:00

Have you tried this firmware update?

Other than the very first Creative CD-RW I ever bought, I have only ever used Pioneer DVD burners. They tend to work with pretty much any media, although I still prefer Verbatim or TY.

4 Posts

The cdrs used in this particular case came from the same spindle.  I HAVE tried burning the media on another computer with a Pioneer DVD burner and those discs have worked perfectly fine.  It IS NOT the discs.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

Well, I will say that media quality is always an issue. Memorex does not make any media. They buy from whomever with mixed results. So another package of Memorex 52x CD-Rs may be from a completely different manufacturer. That's one reason I never buy or recommend Memorex. See the link in Osprey's Toolbox (below) for a discussion of CD-R quality.

Why don't you try burning one of these discs on another machine and see if you get different results.

No Events found!