Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 26th, 2015 22:00

Hard Drive Failed - Need to Recover Data

I don't remember the code but it said cannot locate hard drive or something like that. XPS 8300, Windows 7 Premium, Samsung HD103SJ, shipped 3-31-2011. Took it to a PC repair place for 6 days and he could not read or retrieve the data. Said it would be at least $1k to recover. Warranty is expired, no backup, any suggestions or recommendations? Could the circuit board be bad? Does Dell do data recovery?

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

October 27th, 2015 00:00

Try it yourself using a bootable Linux Live USB. Follow my instructions here:

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/data-recovery-using-fedora/

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

October 27th, 2015 05:00

It could be any number of things -- and if a professional couldn't access the data, a dedicated data recovery service is indeed likely the only option.  Dell uses Gillware (< >) -- for data recovery.  Expect the estimate you were given to be a baseline for a basic recovery.

They'll provide a no-cost recovery estimate but as noted, data recovery services are not inexpensive.

2 Posts

October 27th, 2015 06:00

Second time I heard that. Thanks.

November 25th, 2015 23:00

If till now you are not success to recover own data from inaccessible hard drive then you can use Kernel for Windows Data Recovery Software. It is one of the best, secure and certified third party software.

I am sure this tool will provide you best solution without data loosing. First you can use free trial version of this tool and preview recovered data.

To know the full detail about this tool and download free trial version visit us online.

Thanks,

No Events found!