Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 25th, 2012 23:00

Hard Drive Failing...

Hi,

I believe my hard drive in my Inspiron 1545 is failing. My system has been very laggy lately and it constantly freezes up so I ran the dell diagnostics in bios on my hard drive and received error codes 0F00:1344, 0F00:075D, 0F00:0244, 0F00:0444, and 0F00:1A44. All of the messages say "Can't read, replace disk". I assume this means there's something wrong with the hard drive and it needs to be replaced. Problem is I'm not sure how I would go about installing windows on the new drive as my laptop did not come with an installation disk?

Any replies greatly appreciated.

18 Posts

January 26th, 2012 04:00

Mine is also running a bit slow. It is not as fast as it used to anymore. Do you think it is the hard drive that causing this type of problem? Might be on its memory or GPU?

6.4K Posts

January 26th, 2012 11:00

If you live in the U.S. you can use this on-line form to request replacement disks:  Dell Replacement Disk.  If you live outside the U.S. I'm afraid your only choice is to contact Dell Technical Support for your region and ask for the disks.  Use the information requested in the U.S. form as a guide to the information you will need to provide the Dell representative.  There may be a charge for the disks, and if you ordered third party software (such as Microsoft Office), you will need to contact the vendor to obtain installation media for those applications.

No Events found!