Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 7th, 2009 23:00

Having trouble burning a music cd - help

I have a new dell inspiron 530 desktop. I purchased and downloaded an album from itunes. I thought i burned a cd successfully thru itunes but the cd will not play in my car or on my cd player. I also tried to burn a disc thru the windows media player and that did not work either. I am using cd-r audio discs. What am I doing wrong?

3 Posts

audio disk was selected in itunes

do you have it set on data or audio disk? it may be a defective cd drive.

59 Posts

June 10th, 2009 10:00

I'm having the same problem.  The burned CD will work on computers, but not in the car.  iTiunes doesn't seem to allow for much control over recording CDs.  Two highly recommended (and Free) CD burning utilities are DeepBurn and cdbxp.  I have downloaded these but only played with them a minute or two.

In all the Google searches the recommendations are for a CD player cleaner, which cleans the optics, and for trying other brands of CDRs… but I don't believe this is the issue.  (Also certain car manufacturers are known for having players that don't like CDRs.)

I have other problems with moving my music files from my old computer to the new Dell Studio 17.  I moved the files but can't drag them into the CD burner (DeepBurn or cdbxp).  When I burn with iTunes I get the above stated problem… so I'm going to delete everything and try another transfer with a little more information than I had the first time.

I'll post again if I figure more out.

JET

3 Posts

June 10th, 2009 11:00

I talked to the geek squad at bestbuy. The guy there told me that you cannot burn a cd from music that you bought on itunes. itunes does not allow it and they consider it stealing. I think itunes used to let you, but  within the last few months it has changed. itunes changed the format to mpg and you cannot burn a disc.  the guy at the geek squad suggested buying music thru napster or some other similar site. Then you need to download a program that can convert the mpg files to wav files?  He suggested one called cdex. I have not tried it yet so i do not know if it will work!

Monica

No Events found!