Start a Conversation

Unsolved

W

1 Rookie

• 

23 Posts

November 18th, 2020 16:00

How to configure 610M side buttons to press AND HOLD a key as if pressed and held on the keyboard?

I am curious to see if anyone managed to figure this out.  As the title says, I am trying to figure out how I can have the side buttons behave EXACTLY like pressing keys on the keyboard.

For example, I tied press the '4' key on my keyboard.  It does this successfully, but with one caveat, it does a press-and-release even if I am still holding the side button on the mouse.  If I were to do this on the keyboard, it would do a press-and-hold until I let go of the key.

Recording a macro wouldn't work in this situation because the time during which the key is pressed is not always the same length.

Thoughts?  Ideas?

1 Message

January 11th, 2022 09:00

Hi, I’ve just bought this mouse and I’m having the same issue.

did you ever work out a solution? 

seems like a massive oversight. 

1 Message

June 20th, 2022 14:00

Didn't find ist out too.This is the most ridiculous "Gaming-Mouse" ever. Such a waste of Time!

1 Message

February 25th, 2023 04:00

Three years late But I think I have managed to solve it.

Record a long press macro and then select repeat as long as the button is pressed (or similar I'm going from my non-Egnlish interface). It will hold the button for up to the macro duration but only while the button is pressed.

No Events found!