Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 1st, 2017 10:00

Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming - Do I need to order parts to install a hard drive?

Will I need to purchase parts to install a SATA SSD in my new computer or is the bracket and SSD/Power connector already there but empty? I purchased this -  Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming (Intel) - 7567 with just the M.2 drive with the intention of adding my SATA Samsung EVO 500 once it arrives.  If I need to order parts I would like to do this now (can't wait until it arrives and look :emotion-6:). Thanks in advance!

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

March 3rd, 2017 07:00

You should wait until you get it before buying other parts. Then open it up and see. But, most of the time, Dell will only ship the hardware needed for the hardware ordered from the factory.
Y17VW HDD bracket
NP27Y HDD cable

2 Posts

March 12th, 2017 21:00

Can we get an update on whether or not dell will have these parts in stock anytime soon?

Y17VW HDD bracket

NP27Y HDD cable

tl;dr ----Tired or searching for the parts...WHERE ARE THEY?!?!?

If dell doesn't have them, who does? Dell is getting them from somewhere right.....where from? Are we able to get them from the same producer/maker/seller?

I ask because I have searched every website possible and can't find them anywhere...Dell doesn't seem to have a problem/shortage putting them in the laptop models that come with a hdd. Why not sell them individually?

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

March 13th, 2017 04:00

On a system this new, Dell is likely your only source of the parts -- bear in mind that notebooks are made by contractors FOR Dell, not BY Dell.  Perhaps if you need a few thousand parts and are fluent in Chinese, the ODM might talk to you about buying such a quantity, but for a single part, you will need to go through Dell.

1-800-357-3355

2 Posts

March 13th, 2017 05:00

Guys.... A head's-up from the OP (me).  The Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming (Intel) - 7567 DID arrive with the parts (bracket and cable) that I needed to install the SSD drive. Works like a charm :) !

No Events found!