Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 5th, 2010 07:00

Inspiron 530 (CD/DVD Burner Problem)

A few days ago, I tried to burn a blank DVD, and I get a error message every time I try to burn a writable DVD.  It's been making a strange noise while burning that's causing the errors.  I head cleaned it, and it's still acting up.  Can someone help me with this problem?

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

January 5th, 2010 08:00

Run a hardware diagnostics. Get to it by rebooting and quickly hitting F12 and choosing Diagnostics.

If the hardware is okay, then I would suggest using different DVD blank media. Most of the stuff sold in store is JUNK.

January 6th, 2010 05:00

Run a hardware diagnostics. Get to it by rebooting and quickly hitting F12 and choosing Diagnostics.

If the hardware is okay, then I would suggest using different DVD blank media. Most of the stuff sold in store is JUNK.

I did what you told me and the hardware pass okay, but I still get an error on my burner.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

January 6th, 2010 17:00

shadowpumpkinhead:

The other suggestion made by ieee488 was to check your media. Can you tell us what discs these are? One way to know for sure is to grab DVD Identifier. I've got a link to it in Osprey's Toolbox (link below).

No Events found!