Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 27th, 2009 08:00

Inspiron 530 hard drive question

I just recently added a second 1 TB hard drive while still using the 320 GB as a backup of my files.  I made the 1 TB Hard drive as my primary and the 320 GB as my secondary.  I am having problems accessing my files on my old hard drive.  I know the drive is okay and the amount of space being used is the same before I did the upgrade.  Can anyone tell me how I can access my documents and files to my new hard drive since it does not show in Windows Explorer?  I am hoping it is an easy thing to do.

Sincerely,

David Raymore

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

June 27th, 2009 11:00

Perrin45

Is the second hard drive [320gb] recognized in the system setup?

Have you checked the system setup, to see if the SATA port the 320gb HD is connected to, is enabled [on]?

Bev.

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

June 27th, 2009 12:00

Your operating system is important to mention here, as well as any Service Packs applied. You also don't say which drive is the boot drive has the windows system files.  Make sure both drives are recognized in the bios. You have to enter Setup (F2 at first bootup screen) and activate the drives if you didn't do that already. The manufacturer of the new drive will have lots of help on their web site.

13 Posts

June 27th, 2009 13:00

Once it is connected to the computer, you need to go start and type "Computer Management".  Under Storage click "Disk Management".  See if your drive is listed there.

Hope that helps.

No Events found!