Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

E

September 25th, 2008 15:00

Inspiron 6400, TSST L632D no cd burning but burns dvds

Hi, a month ago I got this issue, I tried to look for any driver update and no luck, here is the deal, a month ago I recorded 2 audio cds w/nero 7 i dll nero 8, tried to record a new audio cd, but couldn't thought that were the cds w/the issue, bought a different brand of cds no records, then I used a different soft no luck, so I tried to record a dvd and it does, need some help here...

thanks.
this is the details of my drive, if u need anything else, just let me know... 
IDE\CDROMTSSTCORP_DVD+-RW_TS-L632D_______________DE04____\5&2C81F6DE&0&0.0.0

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

September 26th, 2008 08:00

Do you have any other Dell laptops or friends you can borrow, inspiron 1300, 1501, 6400, E1505 etc?

You need to figure out if the drive is defective or if it is a software issue on your system. You could also try uninstalling all nero software and installing roxio (I believe Roxio is  provided iwith a cd in your system.

It is easy to remove and replace the drive, all it is is one scre that is in a grove between the battery and RAM hatch. Then you shove the clip of the drive out with the screw driver. The dell systems I mentioned are popular models with the same disc drive but other dell and non dell systems will have compatible drives.

Try your drive in another system and see if it works.

2 Posts

September 26th, 2008 12:00

thanks really, but in my country (dominican republic) is kinda wierd of having a laptop, I'm the only one with a dell, and the one who have, they have other systems or desktop pc's...so...I'm hopping is something of firmware, cuz I reinstalled windows xp after the issue, forgot to tell you, sorry; and used the windows recorder and still the same problem...try a fresh installation of nero, still stocked and looked-up for the aspi drivers...still in the same hole...

I was looking to buy a new slim dvd recorder, but no luck, too expensive.... 

if anybody have another solution please, help... 

10.9K Posts

September 26th, 2008 12:00

Will the drive read CD media?
No Events found!