Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 21st, 2009 23:00

Inspiron XPS M1530 Looking for MATSHITA BD-RE UJ 225S ATA Driver

Hi

My C: disk got corrupted and I lost almost all of my Windows Vista partition. I was forced to reinstall Vista from the OEM disk, because the System Registry was completely corrupted.

My problem is I cannot install Microsoft Office or any other softwae from CD/DVD ROM, because the Blu-Ray MATSHITA BD-RE UJ 225S ATA Driver is not recognised.

I can it in the Device Manager with a bright yellow triangle exclamation mark.

"Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available."

Where can I download the driver for this device?

I cannot see it when enter my service tag in the Dell Drivers & Download.

Why does Dell not supply the CD ROM with it factory built computers any more?

TIA

July 22nd, 2009 00:00

Well Hello Again

After scrambling around on the Internet. I reinstalled Dell Support Center on my XPS. I then ran the PC Check Up widget in the Support Center. I then click on Microsoft  Automated Troubleshooting Services [MATS]. I let MAT run and it found CD/DVD problem and then allow it to resolve. Hey Presto! My Bluray Drive is now installed and I can see the drive and see also that the Device Manager report the Bluray Drive is working now.

I still do not understand why we cannot download a firmware update for this drive. Anyone know why the answer to that?

Anyway MATS is the man!

Hi

My C: disk got corrupted and I lost almost all of my Windows Vista partition. I was forced to reinstall Vista from the OEM disk, because the System Registry was completely corrupted.

My problem is I cannot install Microsoft Office or any other softwae from CD/DVD ROM, because the Blu-Ray MATSHITA BD-RE UJ 225S ATA Driver is not recognised.

I can it in the Device Manager with a bright yellow triangle exclamation mark.

"Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available."

Where can I download the driver for this device?

I cannot see it when enter my service tag in the Dell Drivers & Download.

Why does Dell not supply the CD ROM with it factory built computers any more?

TIA

10.9K Posts

July 22nd, 2009 08:00

You are unable to download a Firmware update because
there is none for this drive.  Firmware is only issued
for problem correction or performance enhancement. 

Your Code 39 was a Filters corrruption in the registry.
This is caused by software (usually ibntall or removal
of such).  The usual solution to Code 39 for Vista is ....

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/929461

No Events found!