Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 6th, 2015 03:00

Installing 2 different operating systems on 2 different hard drives which both of them are on the same computer.

My XPS8500 came with two hard drives, a 250GB SSD hard drive and a 2TB hard drive. My current operating system, Window 10 is running  on the 250GB SSD hard drive.  I would like to know if it is possible to install windows 8.1 on the 2TB hard drive by using the image which I received when I bought my computer.  Please note that the same image i.e. windows 8.1, is already installed on the 250GB SSD hard drive but I have updated the operating system for free to windows 10.

I have already partitioned the 2TB hard drive.  If it is possible, I intended to install windows 8.1 on a hard drive not bigger than 250GB.  Can someone please show me how?

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

August 8th, 2015 04:00

Hi Shadow186,

What you want to do is dual boot. There's plenty of advice all over on this topic if you perform a search. It makes no difference where the two operating systems are physically located, it's the same procedure.

I'm going to lock this thread and suggest you post further questions in the Windows 10 forum.

Good luck!

No Events found!