Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 8th, 2011 10:00

Installing an Adaptec 1220SA Raid controller on an Optiplex 790

I just aquired a 790 with two 1TB drives and want to configure it to run RAID-1 using the Adaptex 1220SA controller in an XP environment.  Is there a trick to setting the BIOS for this to work?  I'm booting from a Windows XP SP3 CD to load XP.  I've set SATA mode to ATA - otherwise I get the BSOD, but then the installed CD-R/W, while recognized and spinning up, becomes unbootable for some reason.  I have to use a USB connected CD-R/W to boot.  I've tried many other combinations of BIOS settings.

Can you help with this?  How it it configured if I ordered this PC with a RAID controller in it? (I haven't been able to find this online anywhere..yet).

1 Message

June 9th, 2011 14:00

I am having the same issue with a raid card. Doesn't look like the BIOS sees the card properly. I am not able to boot to the device. Hopefully a BIOS update will come out to allow for this.

823 Posts

September 5th, 2012 16:00

I got an Adaptec 1220SA card to work today, just make sure you're running A13 bios or the card will not detect even in device manager.

If you install the drivers while booted from the motherboard for the raid card then you can shut down and move the drive to the raid card and it will boot normally without bluescreening.

No Events found!