Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 14th, 2006 14:00

Jumper settings for SAMSUNG DVD Burner Model SH-S182M/BEBN

Hi,

I have a Dell Dimension 4700 that is about a 1 1/2 years old. Has Windows XP SP/2 installed. With a JLMS XJ-HD166 16X DVD-ROM Drive in the top bay (Drive D)and a Samsung CD-R/RW SW-252S (Ultra Speed CD) drive in the bottom bay ( Drive E).

I recently bought a SAMSUNG DVD Burner Model SH-S182M/BEBN IDE to replace the DVD-ROM Drive so I can have the capability of burning DVD's.

My question:
In the new SAMSUNG DVD Burner Model SH-S182M/BEBN drive documentation it says to use either a Master or Slave jumper setting, doesn't say anything about using Cable Select (CS) setting. Do you have to use the CS setting when installing new drive(s) on a Dell 4700? I have read here that Dell uses only the CS setting.

I just want to confirm that I have to use the Cable Select (CS) jumper setting before I install the drive, so I don't mess anything up. Checking the Samsung website was no help.

Anyone familiar/have experience with the SAMSUNG DVD Burner Model SH-S182M/BEBN drive? I bought it cause it has great reviews.

Also, any other pertinent info or recommendations on installing the new drive would be appreciated. :)

Thanks in advance!

Message Edited by Kstock on 12-14-200610:30 AM

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

December 14th, 2006 15:00

Most drives have markings on the case for the various jumper settings,  Look for "CS" or "CSEL" for the Cable Select.
No Events found!