Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 5th, 2015 03:00

LG Hitachi Hl-dt-st bd-re bh30n - Need ROM Update

Does anyone know where I get this ROM  Update?   This Blu Ray Burner came in a Dell 8300 around 3 years ago (today is 2-4-15).  Other drives are listed on the download page for this system but not this one.  I am having problems burning some Blu Ray discs and I need to know if the drive needs updating or is defective.

Also on the download page for this system, there are devices I don't have, and downloads for hardware I don't have.  How do I know for sure which downloads are safe to download and install.  I do not want to cause more problems with this system, just update it.

Dell Techs were never much help even when I was under warranty and now they won't help you unless you pay a fee.  Dell is one of those very  greedy corporations with very poor support, no matter how much you've spent on their hardware.

Thank You

M Calcagno

15 Posts

February 14th, 2015 20:00

I lost my hard drive, and had to replace all of the drivers (shipped by Dell).   I noticed that my Blu Ray drive would no longer read DVDs sometime later.   None of the fix it programs and utilities would see the DVD in the drive either.    The drive could open/shut, could read Blu Rays and CDs, just not DVDs.   I was ready to replace the drive thinking the DVD lens was shot, and then found a resolution that described my problem, and it was fixed with an updated driver.   So hunted some more even though my system said it had the most recent one.   I have an XPS 8300.   My Blu Ray Drive is  hl-dt-st bd-re bh30n per my system.  

I couldn't find this drive on the LG site, but I did here:

http://www.firmwarehq.com/download_1703-file_BH30N-A103.zip.html

Norton says that the site is safe.

This corrected my problem. 

No Events found!