Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

October 23rd, 2008 02:00

My CD/DVD drive is gone!

Since 2 days, I have a picture that tells me Module that my system does not work. I searched the whole time until I wanted to play a DVD. My DVD player does not work!

In fact, the light is switched so he did not really "left" but Vista doesn't see! I have an Inspiron 9400

I hope one of you could help me

PS: excuse-me for my English. Google traduction help me

340 Posts

October 23rd, 2008 03:00

Check the Device Manager and see if there is an error code showing for the drive.

Follow the troubleshooting guide in the "sticky" at the top of this forum.

http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/dsn/en/tree?c=us&journalid=9BF2CFCC434411DBB08ADFC1CEB4ABB7&l=en&s=gen&treeid=005A947CCF1973F8E0401E0A55172FF4

More than likely, you will need to edit your registry control set for the drive to eliminate the upper and lower filters that some media players install, like I-tunes. When they are uninstalled, they leave the filters and Windows will not load the drivers for the CD/DVD drive.

2 Posts

October 23rd, 2008 15:00

thank you for the link. Currently, all the steps I have not worked. I had already deleted the Upperfilter (I read on the forum from Microsoft). I didn't have the Lowerfilter; is it normal?

Here, I'm stuck at the stage of the driver reinstalled my DVD player. The problem is that when I double-clicked in the file .exe I am told that I have no control over the computer. Yet I am an administrator of the computer with no other guest or other account. Do I have to do something special in the BIOS?

340 Posts

October 23rd, 2008 18:00

Delete the Cd/DVD drive in the device manager and reboot. Windows should install the drivers automatically.
No Events found!