Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

August 14th, 2005 21:00

NEC DVD+RW 6500 A doesnt read discs

The error code i get is 0F00:026C
Whatever cd i insert into the drive is read as a blank cd. the cd looks for data but without results. I wonder if it is an hardware failure (the lens is clean) or a windows failure and if there's a way out. i'm in the middle of nowhere here in Africa and Dell Tech support cant really help!
thank you

August 15th, 2005 01:00

I haven't had much luck in Dell Tech Support helping me.  Has the drive worked before?  I've had luck going to a restore point if you have XP because some upgrade/download interfered with a printer connection.  To make sure it's not a software problem can you reinstall your software/drivers?  Perhaps NEC has a website with software/drivers? 

14.4K Posts

August 15th, 2005 07:00

August 15th, 2005 17:00

i tried to flash the firmware, restore the system as suggested but still not working. The driver must be gone . i guess that at this point getting a new one will solve the problem.

thank you anyway

5 Posts

August 18th, 2005 03:00

I was having a similar problem as my NEC ND-6500A will not recognize any cd's dvd's. The only exception I have found was it did recognize the win xp home reinstall disc.  When I tried to use the Firmware Flash Utility, it said "Target NEC ND-6500a is not found correctly."  I have spent hours online chatting with dell for a solution and was finally handed off to software support sales.  I hadn't changed anything in the way of software before this happened.  The only change that had occurred was the replacement of a fried motherboard. 

August 18th, 2005 16:00

i flashed the drive with the latest firmaware unsuccessfully. i tried everything actually but nothing works. at this point i think that it's not a software failure or bug but more likely the dvd is gone and needs to be replaced.

41 Posts

March 14th, 2007 20:00

have you had any luck fixing the problem? i bought that same drive and tried to install it but had no luck. i got that same error message when i tried to update the firmware. what's the difference between a driver and firmware? can you have one without the other?
No Events found!