Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 6th, 2014 16:00

OPU Test Failed DVD-RW Drive: HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GT32N

It has been a while since my dvd-rw drive stoped to work as it was suposed to. I never tought about it until today.
So I made the test and it says "OPU's test - failed". What this means? I put something in the drive, it goes on and on and then my pc says "can't find midia". What is wrong?

Obs.: I'm sorry if I have written something wrong. English is not my first language.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

April 6th, 2014 17:00

Hi Mariana,

That error indicates that your DVD drive has failed and must be replaced. Your Dell laptop requires a slim SATA type DVD burner.

April 6th, 2014 17:00

Do you have any idea of how much it will coast? 

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

April 6th, 2014 20:00

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

April 7th, 2014 16:00

I cannot say how much it will cost in your country. This thread lists PC parts vendors for most countries, including S America.

April 7th, 2014 17:00

thanks (:

5 Posts

July 26th, 2014 18:00

Let me tell you about Dell and the way they do business. I had a similar issue. My xps 9100 cd dvd did not work for a long time, OPU failure test. I ordered a unit from Dell and they shipped the wrong part; I ordered the cd dvd unit again and it was delayed not once, but twice in shipping (two weeks later both times) until I finally said after they called and said I must confirm their re-ship order or it would be cancelled, to let it go.... cancel. Guess what, it shipped immediately! I am a small business and what I was promised, service, was in no way delivered. I get people from everywhere saying anything they can to satisfy for the moment. I ordered Dell for the reputation .... I guess I now know what they mean.
No Events found!