Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 2nd, 2012 14:00

PATA Drive 3 not showing up - sas controller issue?

Hi ,

Have a dell precision 690 and am having trouble with my cd drives. I use one sata connector for a dvd drive that always seems to work. The problem is the other 2 cd drives which I have connected to the mobo with a standard ide cable. It  stopped showing up ( in bios) when I had to repair the start button because the computer would not turn on. Replaced with a used board, and it works. During the repair I must have changed something inadvertently? It happened before and somehow between the bios and sas 5/ir controller you access when starting by pressing control -c  I was able to get it back. Anybody know what I am talking about? I can find no similar problem when I google it? Thanks for the feedback . I just updated some of the drivers from the dell site so I will see if this fixes it. I know I am probably not providing all the information needed but please ask and I will give it.

Doug

3 Posts

October 5th, 2012 12:00

I found an answer to my own question. The sata ports on the mobo are for dvd / cd drives and I had the hdd connected. Do not know how it was working previously though??

4 Operator

• 

4.4K Posts

May 18th, 2013 04:00

This thread has been locked due to inactivity.For assistance,with same issue or a different issue,please click New Post on the top right to start a New Thread.                                                          

No Events found!