Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 2nd, 2013 22:00

PLDS DVD+-RW DS-8A8SH not burning CD-R

I have an Inspiron One 2320 (Windows 7) with a PLDS DVD+-RW DS-8A8SH burner which reads all types of media but will not burn CD-R in iTunes, WMP or IE.  It has put out various error codes with the majority being 4550.  I ran the troubleshooter which fixed something but I am still unable to burn CD-R.  I tried the write test which it failed the CD-R but passed the DVD-R.  I uninstalled the driver and had the computer reinstall it again without a change.  Other error codes received include 4280, 4305, and 2102H.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

July 3rd, 2013 14:00

Hi Bologna31,

I take it error 4550 is an iTunes error. My suggestion would be to search the iTunes forums and see what they suggest for that.

Let me get a couple more pieces of information.

1. What brand/speed are the discs?

2. When using Explorer (I assume you mean Explorer, not IE) to burn, any error messages?

WMP uses the same engine as Explorer, so once one is fixed, the other should work.

2 Posts

July 3rd, 2013 19:00

Osprey4:

1.  Memorex 52x so I changed the burn speed to 8x to match the drive.

2.  Yes, but I believe it stated the disc failed to burn.

I checked the itunes forum and all the solutions have not fixed this problem.

Thanks for your help

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

July 4th, 2013 04:00

The CD burning speed for your drive appears to be 24x (8x for DVD). I would leave the speed set to auto.

I'm not a fan of Memorex media. Many of their toll manufacturers make second rate media. Just for fun, try something else. Sony, TDK, Verbatim, or Taiyo Yuden.

8 Posts

October 1st, 2013 21:00

I also have that burner and have been unsuccessful in burning music cds.  I tried everything, Roxio however has no problem buring the music.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

October 6th, 2013 13:00

Hi Ssszabo,

If Roxio works, then stick with that.

No Events found!