Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

H

September 7th, 2008 13:00

Playing DVDs? (2400 WinXP)

I have a Dell 2400 WinXP. When I put DVDs into my disc drive, NOTHING happens, but I'm pretty sure something SHOULD happen, especially consider my birthday was a week ago, and my mom got me the Nightmare Before Christmas Collector's Edition, which, along with 2 DVD discs, had one called "Digital Copy" and included a code, and said to play it on either iTunes or WMP. It said it was compatible with WinXP.
But I put in that DVD and any others and absolutely NOTHING happens. CDs work just fine. Programs are fine too. But DVDs do nothing.
Is there a program or setting I need to use?

Thanks in advance.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

September 8th, 2008 23:00

Hi, Hauni:

Wow, this happened a week after your birthday?

What program do you have on your system for playing DVDs? Just so you understand, Windows Media Player cannot play DVDs without another DVD program installed on your system.

You might try VLC Media Player (link below), if you do not have anything else to play DVDs.

3 Posts

September 13th, 2008 14:00

do you have the dell dimension 2400 with WinXP? if you do then the PC does not come with a DVD drive on a Hitachi 48X CD-ROM drive CD-rom drive that does not play dvds. hope this helps

-oscar

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

September 14th, 2008 10:00

Hi, oscar:

The Dimension 2400 can come with any type of drive. Dell does not ship all systems of a particular model with only one model drive.

Hope that helps.

9 Posts

September 14th, 2008 12:00

Ok, Thanks guys. I don't think I have specific program for it or anything. And another site says that my hardware is unable to play DVDs period. But thanks anyways.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

September 14th, 2008 16:00

Playing DVDs is not an especially taxing task. Your 2400 should be able to handle VLC Media Player.
No Events found!