Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 1st, 2011 11:00

Recovery Drive Partitioning

I currently have two Recovery drives on my Dell Studio 1555 laptop.  This happened after I did a system recovery.  I wish to delete one or both of the partitions.  If I delete both will I be able to set up recovery again, and how?  If I only delete one I wish to only delete the one that is not currently in use.  One is labeled as "Healthy(System, Active, Primary Partition)" ( I think this one is in use) and the other is labeled as "Healthy (Logical Drive)".  

The main reason why I am asking is because I would like some more space and because I am about to delete a Linux partition, which lies on the other side of one of the recovery drives so I would not be able to extend the main partition if the recovery drive is in the way.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

May 1st, 2011 17:00

Hi Rkara924,

Since I don't believe you actually created a second recovery partition by performing a system recovery, it's impossible to tell what you did. And so it's impossible to offer any advice.

Frankly, you might as well just perform a clean installation of the operating system, and you'll have all the space you need. Had you tried that, you'd be finished by now! :emotion-5:

2 Posts

May 1st, 2011 18:00

I went ahead and deleted the non-active partition a few hours ago with no problem, but thank you for the help.

No Events found!