Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 20th, 2008 00:00

Roxio hijacked my DVD drive

I have a Latitude D600 with a Sony CD/DVD drive CRX830E. Recently, every time I try to play a DVD and click on the CD/DVD drive through My Computer, Windows Install comes up to configure Roxio Easy CD creator 5 (which came with the laptop and I have been using regularly without problem). It asks me to put in the appropriate installing CD (which I don't have since Roxio was preinstalled on the laptop).

Since the DVD is the drive instead, I get the following error message: "The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk that is not available. Insert the 'Easy CD Creator Basic 5' disk and click OK." 

This is a totally new problem; I've had no problems playing DVDs in the past. I've tried all the trouble-shooting but am out of options. The drive still plays CDs as usual, but when I put a DVD in, it does not seem to recognize it. When I try to play DVDs with my usual software (InterActual and WinDVD), nothing happens. When I try to play them with Windows Media Player, it says "no disk in drive." It whirrs once or twice after I put the disk in the drive, so the drive is not dead.

Thanks!

No Responses!
No Events found!