Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 10th, 2011 12:00

SD Card Drive Failure

My media drives (specifically my SD card drive) stopped working.   It won't even show the drive in "my computer" removable storage devices.   I ran a diagnostic test and it came back with error code 0F00:13713 IDE device failed.   Recently Internet Explorer stops and restarts more but that's all I've noticed that is different.   I need to send some pictures.  Please help!  Thanks!

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

December 10th, 2011 13:00

It's best to post your model computer and operating system when asking a question. Also mention if the card reader is internal or external. Remove the sd card and try a different one. That error code could mean there is no media in a diff drive--such as your cd drive. Your sd drive is not a IDE drive.

7 Posts

December 10th, 2011 14:00

Sorry about that!  I have an Inspiron 530 and run Vista.  The card reader is internal.   I have tried different SD cards that worked fine before and that are loaded with pictures.  The system does not even acknowledge that I inserted a card like it always did.  

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

December 11th, 2011 04:00

Hi Shajust,

Try running the Dell diagnostics, but make sure you have an SD card in the slot when it performs the read test. It's possible your card reader has failed but I want to confirm.

7 Posts

December 11th, 2011 14:00

Never mind.  Just saw you had a link to the Dell diagnostic.  I'm pulling it up.

7 Posts

December 11th, 2011 14:00

Where do I find the Dell diagnostics?  I ran the test choosing F12, utilities, etc and ran the full test which has taken literally hours.  The errors were 1100:12A, 022A, 032A and 042A.  I wasn't watching the test the whole time so an SD wasn't inserted.   I don't have much technical knowledge.   Thanks!

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

December 11th, 2011 16:00

What you need to do is a custom test, which allows you to test a single component.

7 Posts

December 11th, 2011 18:00

What custom test should I choose?  I really appreciate your help!

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

December 12th, 2011 03:00

After you select custom test, you should see a list of hardware components. Use the arrow keys to select the media reader and click "run tests".

7 Posts

December 12th, 2011 06:00

Media reader is not listed as an option.  There is the hard drive, cd/dvd rom, and diskette drive a (which I don't have).  I ran all those and the only error code it showed was on the diskette a drive saying something about access didn't respond in time or something like that.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

December 12th, 2011 16:00

If the media reader is missing from the component list, then you probably have a dead media reader. Contact Dell spare parts for help ordering a new one. Here is the procedure for replacing it. It's pretty easy to do, but of course let me know if you need any help.

7 Posts

December 12th, 2011 19:00

Thank you for the help!  I'll be ordering a new one.  I'll let you know how it goes.

December 13th, 2011 00:00

hi..

I think because of regular usage of   SD card, it is corrupted. If your BIOS is identifying your SD card then you can recover photos from SD card using good photo recovery software. The one to which I am familiar is Remo Recover software. You can download the free demo version of this software. I think you must give it a try. 

All the best. 

No Events found!