Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 4th, 2005 03:00

Software factory installed

I had to format a system less than 4 days old and I lost all my factory installed software How can i retrieve it

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

June 4th, 2005 09:00

You should have used the PC Restore feature that completely reinstalls the original hard drive image. It may not work now that you've formatted the drive but try it anyway:
1. Power the computer on.
2. When the Dell screen appears press and hold the Ctrl key on the keyboard, press the F11 key, then release them both at the same time.
The Dell PC Restore by Symantec window appears.

NOTE: Only press the keys one time; if you press them more than once you will receive a keyboard error and will have to start the process over.

3. Click the Restore button. A caution message appears advising that all data will be lost.
4. Click the Confirm button. The progress window appears. When the restore is complete the message "The system recovery process was successful" appears.
5. Click the Finish button. The computer will restart.

If this does not work, contact Dell about getting application discs.

4 Posts

June 4th, 2005 10:00

Hi Osprey, I hope you don't mind as you seem knowledgeable. I found some files and would like to delete them as I am suspiscious. Not sure if these came loaded with my inspiron from Dell:

Download grp mgr class, Install shield from Network Assoc., Broadcom control suite, Borland shared files.

I am tempted to restore - not a problem as no files stored on this computer anyway, but what if the software was installed with no way to delete?

Thanks, Jen
No Events found!