Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 12th, 2014 10:00

Someone Please HELP (LOADING PBR FOR DESCRIPTOR 2, Dimension 9150)

I am on my (HP) computer trying to solve my daughters (Dell) computer issue which is sitting side by side on my desk. You may have to go read some of my posts since We last communicated. Right now all I can do is go to F2, F12 screens. then it goes to screen saying "LOADING PBR FOR DESCRIPTOR 2... DONE." with __ blinking below it.... What does this me and what do I do? Please Help....

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

February 12th, 2014 15:00

Hi Ricky,

That error pertains to one of the partitions on the hard drive and is a likely sign that your hard drive has died. HOWEVER, it does not mean the files cannot be retrieved. Many times they can.

So let's start with the model of your daughters PC and operating system.

By the way, I see you've posted in a couple old threads. Let's keep the conversation going here so I don't lose track, if that's ok.

66 Posts

February 12th, 2014 16:00

Osprey4, I ran a diagnostics Test, and every thing PASSED with the exception of this-----Error code 650f:137b MSG: IDE device failed: Blank Media or no media is present in optical Drive. Test Requires media with data (Resource CD, Installation CD) If that Helps any.

66 Posts

February 12th, 2014 16:00

She has a Dell DXP051, BIOS VERSION A05 (05/30/06) , SEVICE TAG <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy> , EXPRESS SERVICE CODE <ADMIN NOTE: Express service code removed per privacy policy> , WITH WINDOWS XP , I know windows XP with be extinct in April, but She is hoping in upgrade somehow before then.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

February 13th, 2014 09:00

Ricky,

That message is not a problem. It just means you had no disc in the DVD drive to perform the test. Don't worry about it.

I believe your system model is a Dimension 9150. Let me refer you to this article for help with that error, which you may be able to fix. However, it may be necessary to run the OS restore utility, which would delete any files. If there are critical files from that hard drive, you might need to connect it to another computer to get them.

I'm going to edit your subject to make it more descriptive. Hope you don't mind.

No Events found!