Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 5th, 2012 12:00

TSSTcorp TS-653G Won'T burn dual layer

My organization literally has hundreds to thousands of Dell Optiplex Series PCs with this model DVD-RW drive and after testing on about 20 or so of them it will not burn dual layer media.   I have tried under both XP and Windows 7 with various firmware levels all the way to the most recent that came out last July using a variety of programs such as Roxio, Nero, and ImgBurn.  I have tried a total of 5 different media brands from Imation, Ritek, HP, Verbatim and Maxell.   The same media burns fine on other optiplexes that may have a different model burner but so far the TS-653G and other TSSTcorp drives give us nothing but issues.

Anyone have any insight to why this may be or is it just that these drives are that bad and since only a small amount of users burn dual layer there is not enough information out there.   I have contacted Dell to have the drives replaced only to get the same model drive with the same issues.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

March 6th, 2012 16:00

Hi bwilkerson,

I see a model TS-H653G. Is that what you have? Why exactly do you need to burn DL discs?

2 Posts

March 6th, 2012 19:00

Yes the TS-H653G is the drive model.  Sorry I forgot the H in the model.  I need to burn dual layer discs because some of the software we have is over 4.7GB in the installation media.  Since we have take home rights with some of our software such as Adobe Creative Suite it comes on dual layer media so we need to have copies that our teachers and staff can check out to take home to install.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

March 7th, 2012 16:00

The best DL media is Verbatim DVD+R (media code MKM...001). Do you have any of those?

If you're not sure what you have, try DVD Identifier (link in Osprey's Toolbox below).

No Events found!