Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 28th, 2010 05:00

TSSTcorp cd/dvd burner writes properly but shows error message 'Medium Not Present-Tray Closed.-0X023A01'

Hello,

I have this unique problem where my cd/dvd burner burns my data to a cd recordable(not checked with dvd recordable yet) correctly, but after the burning process I get an error message '(devMediumNotPresent_TrayClosed) Error closing session (Session:4 Medium Not Present-Tray Closed.-0X023A01'.

I have tried roxio, nero and cdburnerxp, but i get this error message in all. However, the burning is successful. I can open the burned data in my laptop or other computers and use the same disc for burning more data in other computer. I have tired reducing the speed, but it is of no use. I have also reinstalled the drivers, but no use at the end. I have also done a clean uninstallation of Roxio->then installed Nero-> clean uninstallation of Nero-> then installed Cdburnerxp 4.3.2.2140.

I use the same brand media in my desktop's LG cd/dvd combo burner, and things are absolutely fine.

Microsoft fix it gives the following report:-

-------------------------------------------------------

Issues found  Status       

Drive is not capable of burning (TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-L632H)  Detected    Other Solutions 
-----------------------
Issues checked  Status       

Device is not working properly (TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-L632H)  Checked    Other Solutions 

Device filter drivers are corrupt (TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-L632H)  Checked    Other Solutions 

Class filter drivers are corrupt  Checked    Other Solutions 

Drive is not assigned a drive letter  Checked    Other Solutions 

Drive is disabled (TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-L632H)  Checked    Other Solutions

------------------------------------

Other details:-

Dell Inspiron 1520 Notebook| XP Pro| TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-L632H | Cdburnerxp 4.3.2.2140

Please let me know if any other details are required. Waiting for an answer

Regards

7 Posts

June 19th, 2010 01:00

Hello,

I have got my ODD back to normal. The simple solution was to clean the lens of the drive. I called a Dell Technician. He inspected the drive and found the problem was because of an unclean lens. In fact, I have never cleaned the lens since I purchased the notebook in Feb 2008. I used a Writex lens cleaner with 6 brushes.

I have also checked the drive by
1. Creating a Live CD: Ubuntu
2. Burned a DVD
3. Burned a CD of different make

All the above 3 tasks were perfomed normally with out any error. The drive is reading and writing properly.

Thanks for your help.

Bye.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

May 29th, 2010 08:00

Hi SKT1980,

Just out of curiosity, what media are you using? By any chance, do you have Sonic DLA or Roxio Drag-to-disc installed?

7 Posts

June 2nd, 2010 23:00

Thanks for the reply.

i)  I am using moser baer cd/dvd products. I am sure that it is of good quality, becaue I have used the moser baer earlier. I can only suspect the quality of this particular batch of CDs. However, these same CDs are doing fine on my desktop's LG dvd comb writer.

ii) I was using roxio earlier (but always with some problems now and then). Now, I have done a clean uninstallation of Roxio from my laptop. This clean uninstall method is by roxio themselves. Infact, the method suggests deleting entries in the registry. I belive that after this, there should be no trace of any roxio/sonic products on my laptop.

Right now I am using only CDburnerXP.

Let me know if you need anymore details.

Bye

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

June 3rd, 2010 18:00

As far as I am aware, Moser Baer make private label media for Memorex, HP, some store brands, etc. As such, I am suspicious of the quality. I would try something else just for kicks. Not all drives work equally well with all media.

7 Posts

June 4th, 2010 11:00

You are right about Moser Baer. let me try some other make (Sony/HP) media and get back to you.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

June 19th, 2010 08:00

Glad to hear. I personally am skeptical that cleaning the lenses (there are two, by the way) is the solution in many cases, but obviously it was a good way to go with your drive.

No Events found!