Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 24th, 2010 04:00

Trying to Dual Boot inspiron 1721 with win 7 64 bit

Hello all,

I've got an Inspiron 1721 with vista 32 bit.  I've partitioned the hdd with the intention to put win 7 64 bit on the new partition.  When I place the win 7 dvd in and start up, it starts to load the OS, but when it gets to install and I choose custom install, there is no hdd shown, not even the main c drive.  It asks for drivers to be installed?? can  anybody point me in the right direction to either the correct drivers or how to get round this.  The hdd is raid 2+0.  Any help is appriciated

Thanks

amit

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

October 24th, 2010 11:00

These drivers will work

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-68363.html

You'll need these to get the RAID array recognized at bootup (they should work if you put the extracted files on a flash drive, press F6 when indicated, and install them into the  real mode install setup).

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

October 24th, 2010 05:00

Hi Amitsharma2010,

Go to Downloads on the main Support site and locate the RAID drivers for installing the OS. They should be labeled pre-OS install or something like that. When you start the installation, you should see a prompt to install the RAID drivers. You'll need either a floppy diskette or flash drive to install them.

October 24th, 2010 10:00

Hi

Thnks for the quick reply. I've found the driver my laptop driver by entering in the service tag, but how do you download it from the dell wbsite.  Everytime I try it wants to install the driver.  I've managed to get the ftp site ftp://ftp.us.dell.com/SATA/R167809.EXE, but it doesn't open in IE or Firefox.  Any suggestions please.

Thanks

Amit

No Events found!