Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 11th, 2006 15:00

Windows XP Boot Error

I have a Dell Precision M40. It 2002 and runs Windows XP Professional. When I tried to turn it on in its docking bay it started ok. I made it through the Dell boot and then was booting XP. After a while a blue screen flashed up momentarily saying something about hardware issues. The computer proceeded to reboot and go into a continuous cycle of rebooting before XP starts up.

I tried booting out of the docking station with no luck. I also tried to use the XP cd and do a repair and a clean install with no luck. At the bottom of the screen in both instances it reads Examining Startup Environment and freezes.

Anyone has a clue what I can do?
05-08-2006 03:10 PM

Re: Windows XP Boot Error Options

maxd
Gold

Reply 2 of 4

Viewed 115 times

Try to run the diagnostics for your system on the hard drive. Apparently an uncommon error.

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=%22Examining+Startup+Environment+%22&btnG=Search&meta=

05-08-2006 03:44 PM

Re: Windows XP Boot Error Options

cjboarder1
Bronze

Reply 3 of 4

Viewed 31 times

I managed to get the files I needed of the harddisk using a datapol tool called CIA Drive.net. Which is a godsend. I also ran a number of Scandisks on the computer but to no avail.

Do you think the harddisk has just gone bad?

Or is there a chance I can reinstall Windows XP on it?

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

September 26th, 2017 21:00

This thread that was posted in 2006, has been locked due to it's age.

If you have a similar issue, please use the 'New Post' feature at the top of this page and start a new thread.

Bev.

No Events found!