Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

May 3rd, 2010 15:00

XPS 600 Resize Partition

The customer has a 160GB Sata 2 hard disk drive. Not sure of the partition structure currently. He wants to repartition it without the loss of the operating system. He mentioned the usage of the Easeus software to facilitate this. I have not used this software but I thought any repartition would wipe out the operating system. Thoughts anyone?

Dell customer care/service. If already out of warranty, click hereFind your Service Tag
DELL-Chris M
#IWork4Dell

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

May 3rd, 2010 17:00

Chris M.

Easeus Partition Manager is a non destructive partitioning utility and I've used it on both 32-bit Vista and 64-bit  Windows 7 without any problems.

For more info, go HERE

Bev.

2 Posts

May 4th, 2010 10:00

Hello, I have an XPS 600 with nVidia nForce4 Raid1 array. Originally, the hard drives were two 230Gb drives. One drive became damaged and was replaced with a 1Tb drive. The array was rebuilt as a 230Gb array. The second drive failed and was replaced with an identical 1Tb drive. The drive was rebuilt as a 230Gb array. I have the lastest drivers and the BIOS is up-to-date. I want to re-size the partition to use the entire available 1Tb, without reinstalling the OS and software. I have re-sized other drives arrays using Easeus software, but the software does not recognize the true size of the drives in this case.

Help?

8 Posts

March 31st, 2011 02:00

I suggest that you can go to this website to find what you want to know, http://www.extend-partition.com/partition-manager-server-edition.html

12 Posts

August 16th, 2013 02:00

Hello sir,

I am glad that i can help you out .actually, i used a software have the problem solved . you can have a try ,it is easy to use and very safe .for more specified please check

www.disk-partition.com/.../resize-partition.html

No Events found!