Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 25th, 2007 16:00

XPS m2010 hdd parts

Hi there,

As a lot of you probably know, it's quite difficult to get the parts to install a second harddrive into the M2010. I'm from the Netherlands and have tried every option possible to get the drive caddy and harddisk cable (parts TH342 and RH736). It's insane but it's completely impossible to get those parts if you don't live in the US. I've talked to all the desks (support, sales, orderinig) in the Netherlands and they've put me through to the UK department, which put me back to the dutch department..it's hopeless.

there are a few US internetshops that sell the parts but they won't ship outside the country, which brings me to my question.

Can somebody from America help me out? Order those parts for me and send them to me in the Netherlands? If possible someone with a paypal account so I can easily transfer the purchase and sending costs.

Let me know, we can talk about the specifics.

thanks in advance,
Andrik Eker

1 Message

June 25th, 2007 22:00

@AndriK Eker wrote:
Hi there,
As a lot of you probably know, it's quite difficult to get the parts to install a second harddrive into the M2010. I'm from the Netherlands and have tried every option possible to get the drive caddy and harddisk cable (parts TH342 and RH736). It's insane but it's completely impossible to get those parts if you don't live in the US. I've talked to all the desks (support, sales, orderinig) in the Netherlands and they've put me through to the UK department, which put me back to the dutch department..it's hopeless.
there are a few US internetshops that sell the parts but they won't ship outside the country, which brings me to my question.
Can somebody from America help me out? Order those parts for me and send them to me in the Netherlands? If possible someone with a paypal account so I can easily transfer the purchase and sending costs.
Let me know, we can talk about the specifics.
thanks in advance,
Andrik Eker

I had the same problem and someone in Dell Spares gave me the telephone number 0870 0624524 Upgrade options.
http://www.upgrade.co.uk/dell.asp

I telephoned them and they said they will phone me back.

Regards
Brian

3 Posts

March 12th, 2008 04:00

Yeah, I'll help you out. I have to order a cable and bracket for myself anyhow. May as well be a couple. If anyone else out there need these components, send me an email to: klingsor at gmail dot com

The Cable is here:
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/products/Cables/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&cs=19&sku=TH342

Bracket here:
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/products/Hard_Drives_External/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&cs=19&sku=RH736

$11 US each, probably shipping is $10, they'd be pretty light. Google Checkout or Revolution Money Exchange for payment, I'd prefer those over Paypal.

Follow up: I've sent a couple of these to Europe, and I don't mind sending a few more. If anyone here needs one, let me know and I'll hook you up if you give me a few dollars for my time.   

Message Edited by klingsor on 08-25-2008 10:48 PM
No Events found!