Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 28th, 2012 09:00

XPS15 (L502x) Optical drive won't eject

Hi

The title says it all really.  I have a xps 15 (L502x) which is about a year or so old.  The bluray drive will no longer eject, even if I try and use the manual eject hole with a pin.

I have tried all the usual things such as re-installing drivers, windows etc and I can't seem to work anything out.

Has anyone got any ideas or suggestions?

Cheers

August 28th, 2012 09:00

Hi,

As the CD/DVD drive is unable to eject the disc even through the emergency eject, it seems that the drive has gone bad and needs to be replaced.

You may run the hardware diagnostics to ensure that no other part is failing. The steps to run the diagnostics are listed below:

1. Restart the system.

2. Press F12 at Dell logo to enter the ‘One Time Boot Menu’.

3. Navigate to ‘Diagnostics’ using the Up/Down arrow key and press enter to launch the diagnostics.

4. Write down any error code that you receive during the diagnostics. Let me know the same.

I am sending you a private message. Please reply with the Service Tag of the system so that I can check the status of warranty on the system. Also provide me with the full name, phone number and the address of the original owner for account verification purposes.

Please reply in case of any issues. I will be glad to help.

August 29th, 2012 05:00

Thank you for the response.

I see from the records that the system with which you are facing the issue is a XPS L502X and was purchased in Australia.

I would request you to get in touch with the local support for getting a quick resolution for your system.

You may contact the Dell Australia support using the link provided below:

http://dell.to/h5tiow

Please reply if you have any questions.

No Events found!