Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 7th, 2007 18:00

dimension 4550, reset to factory settings???

Can anyone please tell me how to reset my dimension 4550 back to the factory settings?  I tried the ctrl f11 that I have seen for some other people, but that did not seem to work for me.  Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

4 Posts

March 7th, 2007 20:00

Thank you so much for your help. I will give it a try. 

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

The 4550 is too old for the quick restore. Insert the XP CD that came with the system, press F12 at powerup, boot from the CD and follow the prompts to install XP. You will want to download service pack 2 and write it to a CD. Install that next. Then install the chipset driver and desktop system software. Finally install the video, audio, modem, etc., drivers, followed by all your application software. There are almost 100 patches to apply to XP post SP2, so be sure you run Windows update until you get them all (SP2 will enable a firewall to protect you in the mean time).

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

lemanski

Check out this post.

Bev.

===================================================
Please don't send me questions about your system by DCF Messenger.
Post the issue in the appropriate Board, where they will be answered.

4 Posts

March 8th, 2007 02:00

shesagordie

Thank you so much.  It took me a little bit to work my way thru and figure it all out, but the computer is up and running perfectly.  Thanks so much for your info. I had noticed your input for others but I could not find how any of them pertained to my issue. You are wonderful. Thanks again.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

March 8th, 2007 03:00

lemanski

Happy to have helped.    :)

Bev.

===================================================
Please don't send me questions about your system by DCF Messenger.
Post the issue in the appropriate Board, where they will be answered.

No Events found!