Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 13th, 2014 20:00

disk drive wount work

i got a alienware m17x r4 and had a disk stuck in the drive and woudnt eject it so i used the trick to stick a small pice of paper in it and got the disk to eject but not it wount take a auto load like it used to

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

Hi kiba68,

Please follow the steps mentioned below to check if AutoPlay has been turned off.

1. Open AutoPlay by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type autoplay, and then click AutoPlay.

2. In the list next to the device or media, click Ask me every time or select a specific action from the list.

Please let me know if this helps.

3 Posts

no its got an internal disk drive and normaly it would suck the disk in to the drive after u got it in half way but it dont do that now also when i boot it in to diagnostic mode it says the disk drive passed the test

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

May 14th, 2014 05:00

Hi Kiba68,

When you performed the diagnostics, did you insert a data disc in the drive? If you are not able to insert a disc when you are trying to perform the diagnositcs, then the drive is defective.

3 Posts

May 19th, 2014 16:00

thanks for the help i took it apart after u told me it was defective and seen that it looked slightly different turned out the arms that guide the disk in were set like it already had a disk in it so it wouldn't suck the disk in i got it working again tho by putting the guide arms back to the way they needed to be again thanks for the help and quick responses

No Events found!