Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 21st, 2004 18:00

easy cd creator 5.1

I AM HAVING A PROBLEM WITH  THE ROXIO CD CREATOR, I CHECKED FOR VIRISES AND THERE IS NONE ON THE COMPUTER. I KEEP GETTING A MESSAGE THAT SAYS THAT SAYS "EASY CD CREATOR ENGINE INITIALIZATION HAS FAILED" I TRIED THE ASK ROXANN THING ON THEIR WEBSITE AND GOT A RESPONSE OUT OF THAT AND TRIED WHAT IT TOLD ME AND STILL GET THE SAME THING WHEN I TRY TO USE IT. I ALSO TRIED TO DOWNLOAD ANY UPDATES FOR IT AND STILL THE SAME THING. I AM HOPING THAT SOMEONE CAN HELP ME. IT HAS BEEN GIVING ME SUCH A STRESS HEADACHE IN TRYING TO FIGURE IT OUT. I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT IF SOMEONE CAN HELP.

cookie531966

10.9K Posts

July 21st, 2004 18:00

Review these ROXIO Articles for some help ...............

http://search.atomz.com/search/?sp-x-1=collection&sp-q=engine+failure&sp-q-1=KBB_CREATOR_5&sp-a=sp10024e48&sp-f=ISO-8859-1

Also, obtain the latest updates (5.3.5.10) here ..........

http://www.roxio.com/en/support/ecdc/software_updatesv5.jhtml

Use the correct one.  Platinum version at the top and the Basic
version at the bottom.  DO NOT mix the two.

Message Edited by Skybird on 07-21-2004 01:16 PM

July 21st, 2004 23:00

I HAVE ALREADY TRIED THE THINGS YOU SUGGESTED AND THEY DIDNT WORK. I AM BEGINNING TO THINK THAT THE ONLY WAY TO OVER COME THIS PROBLEM IS TO UP GRADE THE WHOLE SYSTEM TO A NEWER VERSION OF ROXIO. I REALLY DONT WANT TO DO THAT IT IS GOING TO COST ME ALOT TO DO THAT.

WHAT THE ASK ROXANN THING TOLD ME TO DO IS TO PUT IN THE DISK AGAIN AND TO REINSTALL THE ENGINE SETUP FOR THAT AND THEN THERE WERE A BUNCH OF THINGS I HAD TO TYPE IN TO THE RUN THING BUT IT KEEPS TELLING ME THAT THE DIGITAL LIBRARY ISNT THERE. SO IF THAT WONT HELP I DONT KNOW WHAT WILL.

I AM JUST HOPING THAT SOMEONE WILL HAVE A SOLUTION OTHER THAN RESETTING UP THE WHOLE COMPUTER AND LOSING ALL THE STUFF THAT IS ON IT NOW. I DIDNT BACK UP ALL MY FILES TO DISK.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

July 22nd, 2004 09:00

I've found that if the problem is not a virus, the only thig to do is completely uninstall Roxio and reinstall.

Do the following in the order listed.

1. Uninstall Roxio, usins the Windows add/remove programs.

2.  Using the Windows Explorer, manually delete the folder Program Files\Adaptec  and also Program Files\Common Files\Adaptec

3.  Restart Windows.

4.  Install Roxio.

5.  Restart Windows

6.  Download and install any applicable updates (e.g. if you have V5 Basic that came with many Dell's, download the Version 5 Basic updates).

7.  Restart Widows.

This procedure usually takes care of the problem.

50 Posts

July 22nd, 2004 11:00

It had been recommended to me when installing Easy CD Creator 5.x that the feature "direct cd" not be installed and a lot of problems with the program are solved. This is done by doing a custom install and leaving direct cd out of the install. For me the direct cd feature was not very reliable anyway and I do not miss it. Using the data cd project and closing the sessions and leaving the cd open works much better,  I was told that dirct cd can be the cause of a lot  of other problems you wouldn't think were related. I would occasionally return to a blue screen for unkown reasons and after leaving direct cd out of a fresh install after reformatting the computer, I have had no problems. Dirct cd may not have been the problem, but it is not necessary.

July 22nd, 2004 16:00

I was wondering, my daughter downloaded a thing called sonic stage to download legally the music from the Big Mac's from Mcdonalds codes. And it burns the music to CD. I was wondering if maybe somehow that program may of Messed up the easy cd creator engine. Because I tried everything everyone has suggested and I am still having troubles with it. I still get the same message.I really appreciate the ones who have responded to this problem.  I am really getting desparate for some answers to this problem. I can call the Roxio cd place but if I am going to pay $35 for their help and they say it may not fix the problem I may as well just upgrade the whole program for another $25,(money that I don't really have to spend). I hope if anyone has a solution to this problem that they can give me a suggestion as to what I may be able to do to straighten this problem out.

THANKS TO ALL THAT HAVE RESPONDED!!

cookie531966

15.3K Posts

July 22nd, 2004 18:00

Hi Cookie,

May I ask, are you trying to burn the "downloads" from the Big Mac`s with Roxio`s software?

Best Regards

God, grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
the good fortune to run into the ones I do and the eyesight to tell the
difference.

CD/RW Link

15.3K Posts

July 22nd, 2004 19:00

Hi Cookie,

I meant no dis-respect in the question. I worked with a young gentleman through about a dozen e-mails, until he finally mentioned the information about the "downloads". Usually you can burn your CD, then rip it back, etc.. well that`s another story...

I would suggest you uninstall the Big Mac`s software, then completely remove the Roxio software once more. Use Jack`s suggestion and / or Click on the CD/RW link in my post and scroll to Sections 45 & 47, The Roxio Zap program does a good job.
Next I would run the Microsoft article on Upper & Lower Filters, this should clear up any possible burning software issue.
If you intend to keep the Big Mac service, install it first. Re-boot the system.
Then re-install the Roxio software and apply the latest available update for your version.

About all I have to offer.

difference.

CD/RW Link

Message Edited by Predator on 07-22-2004 08:01 PM

July 22nd, 2004 19:00

No I am not trying to burn the downloads from Mcdonalds downloads with the roxio cd creator. I know I can only download the songs to a cd from that with thier software. I was trying to create a cd with my downloads of mixed songs from the cds I have on my music folder and it wouldnt complete the whole cd it would stop in the middle of it and finalize the cd and it wasnt finished downloading the music to the disk. I assumed there was something wrong with the cd creator and tried the disk that came with the computer to fix the problem. I put the disk in and hit repair and I got a message that the easy cd creator engine initialization failure. And then I tried to uninstall the whole thing and download the whole creator all over again and I still go the same message. I am at a loss as what to do with it. I have been working on this for a week and tried to fix the problem and all I get is a stress headache from it all.

July 22nd, 2004 21:00

I am sorry if I made you think I was taking your question the wrong way. I was just trying to let you know that I already know that you cant download the songs from that download to the easy cd creator. Stupid me I tried that back when I downloaded the ones from the iTunes one with the Pepsi downloads and figured back then that it wouldnt work..........lol... But anyway I am going to give your suggestion a try and see what I can accomplish. This thing really has me baffled. I think I had trouble the last time with it and for some reason I cant remember what I did to get it working again. Thanks for the help and I will be giving it a try and see what comes of this. I just hope this will work.

Again thanks.

July 22nd, 2004 23:00

how do i do this Next I would run the Microsoft article on Upper & Lower Filters, this should clear up any possible burning software issue.
I have no clue how to do this.

10.9K Posts

July 23rd, 2004 00:00

Jeff was referring to this Article.  Carefully follow the instructions
as you will be working in the Registry.  It may help.

http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/kb/en/document?dn=1065889&c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19#remove

Sorry Jeff, didn't mean to "flyover".

Message Edited by Skybird on 07-22-2004 07:57 PM

15.3K Posts

July 23rd, 2004 00:00

Well Cookie it seems I dropped the ball on this one, left off the link to the MS article.

Here you go:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314060

Sorry ;(

Jeff

July 23rd, 2004 01:00

THANKS GUYS. I WILL CHECK OUT

July 23rd, 2004 15:00

I was at your site http://www.the-predator.com/dell/ecd6.html#45-0-14 and was checking out the one that said about the engine failure thing and was doing the search for Regsrv32.exe, I found out that it is not on my computer at all. What should I do now. Also I was wondering about it says about extracting it, I have no idea what that means. You must really think I am stupid for asking such stupid questions, Sorry for that. It would be so much easier if we had an instant messaging on here I could talk directly to you and there wouldnt be any of this waiting to see when you get my messages.  

hope to hear from you soon.

15.3K Posts

July 24th, 2004 19:00

Hi Cookie,

Mike (Skybird) is one of our best Regulars and very good with Roxio`s software, you are in excellent hands.

no problem with the stepover Mike, been see some "more" issues with the forum lately, had a number of posts simply vanish, then get the big "page not found" message

Best Regards

difference.

CD/RW Link

No Events found!