Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 3rd, 2013 01:00

hl-dt-st-dvd+-rw gt80n registry error code 19

My DVD HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GT80N at Inspiron 17R SE suddenly has stopped working - Windows8/64bit troubleshooting was unable to fix the issue with driver. I've unistalled and installed the driver but the error persists: "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)". DVD ROM is not recognized neither by Windows explorer nor by Total Commander nor by any other application except Windows Device Manager. The trick with "UpperFilters" and "LowerFilters" in regedit hasn't worked as well.
Itunes is much longer intalled so I don't think that that is the Problem.
Please help, I don't know what to do.

October 3rd, 2013 01:00

Hi NewZebra,

I would suggest you check whether DVD rom is getting detected in Bios. Try to do a system restore to a previous date when it was working fine.

March 15th, 2014 17:00

im having the same problem and dont have a system restore point to go back to that it was working

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

March 16th, 2014 05:00

Hi Mcalcagni88,

Please follow my link below for the upper and lower filter trick. This will fix the code 19 error.

March 18th, 2014 10:00

folled the link and it says my operating system doesn't support Microsoft fix it. im running windows 8.1 so im not sure what the issue is.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

March 18th, 2014 17:00

3 Posts

September 13th, 2015 06:00

Hi, I recently upgraded to Win 10. Now my HL-DT-ST DVD-+ GT80N on my Inspiron 7720 isn't working.  It is in the device manager and claims to have the proper driver but won't read or write anything.  Every disk is detected as blank.  Mo Mr. Fix it in Win 10, can't roll back driver and have uninstalled/re-installed to no avail. What can I do?

1 Message

January 30th, 2018 09:00

I have the same issue, did you solve your problem?

Driver is fine, newest version, it has no yellow marks in the device manager, when I insert a disk nothing happens, when I click on the DVD Symbol in Explorer the Message "no disk found" appears and the disk is pushed out again.

In my case this error appears after I opened my notebook to clean the coolingfan. Putting the dvd-drive out is as easy as changing the akku, only 1 screw holds it in place...

I hear the drive working for 1 or 2 seconds when I insert a cd. But nothing else happens.

Then I updated the drivers, I uninstalled the drivers and let them install again after reboot... no change...

Can anybody help?

My System: Windows 10 home, Dell inspiron 7720 RT 17
Edit: I have no errorcode 19 or something like that. System says only there is no cd in drive

No Events found!