Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 25th, 2014 15:00

installed new hard drive,1121 inspiron mini netbook

after doing start up repair I get partition corrupt error message , whats the problem, it a bigger hard drive.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

March 26th, 2014 06:00

Hi Mike9484,

Did this "new" hard drive come out of another machine with the operating system already installed? Have you checked the integrity of the drive with a diagnostic tool of any sort?

6 Posts

March 26th, 2014 13:00

the hard disc is a 500gb sshd western dig, new, im using dig river win 7 home pre, 64 b iso external dvd , it loads to set up, install page, says drtiver missing for dvd, start up repair offline cant repair ,some where I get parttition may be corrupt, can't format disc, start up options (f8) doesn't even show op system to select , old hard drive was hitachi 250 gb I replaced it because I got locked out , by hard drive security password,i have ordered the recovery disc s from dell , will be here in a few days, need to partition and format disc and cant seem to be able to , whats the command prompt, or what you think I can do that I havent

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

March 28th, 2014 07:00

That error, "A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing", usually means a problem with the installation disc. Are you installing from a DVD drive or USB drive?

No Events found!