Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

L

November 19th, 2003 14:00

matshita cdrw/dvd ujda740

I ordered a CDRW/DVD to replace the read-only CD that came with my Dell Latitude C600. I was sent a matshita cdrw/dvd ujda740.  I don't seem to be able to find the software necessary to burn CDs or DVDs for this device. Can you help?  Thanks, lufreu

2.5K Posts

November 19th, 2003 19:00

Lufreu,

Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum.
It all depends on how you purchased the drive.
If you purchased the drive from the Software and peripherals page, go back and take a look at the product description.
Some of the kits on the software and peripherals page include the software, others don't.
If you purchase the drive from Dell Spare Parts, you would not get any software.
Many of the parts sold through Dell Spare Parts just contain the hardware, they do not include the software.
Also check your invoice, it will list any software if you were suppose to get some.
You will more then likely have to purchase the software separately.
For cd burning software you should purchase Roxio Easy CD Creator or Nero Burning Rom.
For DVD playing software you should purchase Intervideo WinDVD or CyberLink Power DVD.

2 Posts

November 19th, 2003 19:00

Thank you for your assistance.

1 Message

November 24th, 2003 18:00

I've come across some issues with the same drive and was reminded of it by reading this message thread. I put a store-bought DVD into my drive (same as referenced in this thread) and was asked to install the Interactual Player. Since it enhances the DVD with some "value-added" items which only the Interactual player came make work I let it be installed on my system. But everytime I try to play a DVD through the Interactual Player it says I need a "DVD Decoder". So, even with PowerDVD which came with my M50 laptop, I have no "Decoder"? Can you help me understand what a DVD decoder is? Is is software, or hardware? And, which-ever it is, shouldn't it come with the DVD drive?

2.5K Posts

November 25th, 2003 13:00

Raceman,

The DVD decoder is generally provided by the DVD software.
If you can play a DVD movie using PowerDVD, then your drive and software are working properly.
Unfortunately I cannot tell you much about Interactual because I stay way from such software.
Most software that wants to install itself from a DVD usually ends up causing more problems
then benefits. Try playing the movie using PowerDVD, if it work, both your drive and software
are working correctly.
No Events found!